|Here are 5 good reasons why to invest in growing your own homemade branch charcoal! By using only small branches, twigs, maize cobs, coconuts or other woody biomass you can make your own FREE eco-charcoal in a day using one of our portable drum kilns. |
1. You can make your favorite blend of charcoal; light, hard, fast or slow burning.
2. Your savings will be HUGE - no more buying overpriced charcoal in the soko!
3. You are directly supporting local designers and manufacturers that use recycled materials (the drum).
4. You can help stop corruption! When you know where your charcoal is coming from (your own backyard) you rest assured no bribes have been paid for it.
5. You take full control and ownership of a very simple renewable energy value chain - the 'seed-to-ash' cycle of household biomass energy when you plant the free packet of acacia tree seeds included with your drum kiln.
Please see here for more info and how to order - http://cookswell.co.ke/ecommerce/category/kilns
|At a demo in Kajiado|
|Instagram #charcoalkiln #ecocharcoal # kenyacharcoal|
|Making blended maize cob and branch charcoal for fast lighting and long burning.|
|A section of a 5 year old acacia woodlot that is being pruned for charcoal production.|
And you can even make your own FREE wood vinegar for on farm insect prevention!